Thu, Oct 15|
Debt Solutions Webinar
Mortgages, car loans, credit cards - debt is often a part of life. Spend an hour and learn about the different types of debt, strategies you can implement to minimize it, and options available to you if you need extra assistance.
Time & Location
Oct 15, 2020, 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM
About the Event
Debt has become commonplace in Canada. In fact, Canadians have some of the highest debt
loads in the world. The reasons are complex and extensive however some of it can be chalked
up to the fact that we’re not taught about money as children and so we grow up to be
The good news is that for every debt problem, there is a financial solution. It’s just a matter of
looking at your whole financial picture and taking action. The first step is equipping yourself with
In the Debt Solutions workshop/webinar, you will learn how to:
- Identify 7 top reasons why people get into financial difficulty.
- Describe the impact that financial stress can have on individuals;
- Specify your own reasons for being good with your money;
- Identify some shame that may be associated with having debt and reducing it;
- Outline the true cost of credit if we only make minimum payments on credit cards;
- Identify the 4 types of debt (open, unsecured, secured, and government);
- Determine whether you live in a seize and/or sue province and what the implications of this is for you;
- Recite how the Right of Offset may impact you;
- Name various ways to handle debts on your own
- Identify some key points to a Debt Management Program;
- Name two legal solutions to handling debt (consumer proposal and bankruptcy);
- Describe some key signs that someone needs more help with their debt;
- Illustrate what seeing a credit counsellor involves.
The webinar is 1 hour, interactive and confidential! No personal stories will be shared during
the webinar in order to respect participant confidentiality. We take a “grab and go” approach –
grab an idea or two and go try it. All participants will walk away with ideas, resources and the
full curriculum upon request.
Deposit will be refunded after webinar attendanceCA$30.00