Ending The Financial Feud: Couples & Money - Webinar
Time & Location
About the Event
Love and relationships can bring us tremendous joy in our lives. However combining love and
money adds a layer of complication that most of don’t expect when we fall in love. In fact, the
frequency of money-related fights is one of the biggest predictors of divorce.
Does it seem like you and your spouse/partner are constantly fighting about money? Do you
find it hard to even get onto the same page with your finances without it turning into a fight?
The good news is there’s hope! Your spouse/partner isn’t trying to make your life difficult
financially; they’re just different than you. In the Ending the Financial Feud workshop/webinar,
you and your person will learn how to:
- Identify your money histories, more specifically how money was handled in each of your households;
- Recognize the money messages you heard growing up and how those shaped your perceptions of money;
- Identify your own relationship to money;
- Name your money values and how these guide our spending;
- Identify your money triggers (what makes you feel angry) and learn how to communicate this with your person;
- Set goals as a couple and understand why and how the goals meet each partner’s values and needs;
- Decide who has the desire, skill and ability to create and implement a household money management plan (e.g. budgeting, savings, planning for the future, etc.);
- Identify the 3 ways couples can handle their money (everything together, everything separate, or a hybrid version);
- Consider if this is a second time around relationship and the things to think about to ensure success;
- Implement various financial systems to make life easier; and
- Create a financial agreement where no “thing” is more important than the relationship.
The webinar is 1 hour, interactive and even fun! We take a “grab and go” approach – grab an
idea or two and go try it. All participants will walk away with ideas, resources and the full
curriculum upon request.