Wed, Feb 24|
Online Safety For Your Family
Are you concerned about online safety for your family? Join members of our TBTB family and learn about how to keep you and your loved ones safe online.
Time & Location
Feb 24, 2021, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
About the Event
This online webinar will be faciliated by Stacy How, a Child & Youth Counsellor, who has 28 years experience working in educational and mental health settings. Stacy will be discussing the following topics:
- Digital awareness and online presence
- Social media sites and what you should know
- Online gaming- what parents should know
- Addressing issues of online bullying and intimidation and what to do if you witness incidents of online bullying or violence.
- How to stay safe in an online world - privacy setting basics
- Keeping the lines of communication open between parents and teens
Stacy has extensive experience working with students in the elementary and secondary school settings, experiencing emotional, social, behavioural and mental health struggles. She is a certified trainer with the Commission of Mental Health Canada and Living Works, author of Recess Success, Sharing and Caring on the Playground, and creator of numerous workshops and programs to promote youth's success in today’s society.
*Spots are limited, registration is required*